Returning YMO Students
FOR YMO STUDENTS RETURNING FOR THE UPCOMING 2020-21 SEASON
All current YMO students are automatically considered a returning member of YMO for next season. However, Mr. Pignataro requires re-auditions to see how much each student has progressed since last year and to assign parts and seating. Re-auditions are mandatory. This year all re-auditions will be via online video uploads. Click here to view re-audition requirements and submit video by May 31st.
In the days following re-auditions, each student will receive an invitation to register for next year’s season, together with a link to next year’s schedule.
- Play in one continuous video:
- About 3 minutes of a solo highlighting your skills
- Scales – Violin: D major, Viola+Cello: G major, Bass: A major; All woodwinds, brass, and mallet percussion: A major
- Play as many octaves as you can
- Play any speed, articulation, and/or bowing
- NO SIGHT-READING for returning YMO students
- The purpose of re-auditions is to assign parts and seating. All current students who are not graduating are automatically considered a returning member for next year.
- If you are not planning to return to YMO next year, please notify us so that we may open up your spot to another applicant.
Please contact Alison Manaker at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or additional information about YMO re-auditions.