Performance Hour Registration
The Delaware County Youth Orchestra schedules a Performance Hour twice a year on the last rehearsal evening before winter break and the last rehearsal evening before summer break. The Young Musicians’ Orchestra schedules a Performance Hour once a year on the last rehearsal evening before summer break. This evening is an opportunity for students to perform individually or in small ensembles for their peers, family and friends.
Performance Hour is open to ALL current DCYO and YMO students. You may perform a piece that you have been working on outside of DCYO or YMO, perform a piece on a different instrument, perform a chamber piece or perform a duet. The objective is to be creative in whatever musical talent you would like to share and, most importantly, have fun.
If you would like to participate in the next upcoming Performance Hour, please complete the registration form below. Also, please notice the important details listed below, which will ensure a smooth performance and an enjoyable evening for everyone.
* If a piece calls for an accompaniment, then it should be performed with one.
* There will be a $20 rehearsal charge for those using an accompanist provided by DCYO or YMO. If you are using our accompanist, please pay the $20 fee directly to the accompanist at your rehearsal, either by cash or check. The orchestra will pay the remainder of the fee. If you are providing your own accompanist, please provide his or her name. If you are providing your own accompanist you are responsible for their fee, if applicable.
* Chamber ensembles are encouraged.
* Pieces should be under 10 minutes in length.
* For those students needing an accompanist, the deadline to register is 2 weeks prior to the scheduled Performance Hour to allow time to arrange for rehearsal.
* The deadline for any performers not using an accompanist is 4 days prior to the scheduled Performance Hour, although the sooner the better.
* Please remember that proper dress is required. Please use good judgment. Jeans, sneakers, or shorts are not considered appropriate attire for performers.
Questions about Performance Hour should be directed to Kathryn Mehrtens at firstname.lastname@example.org